Family Photoshoot? - How to choose your photographer - Stephanie Chapman Photography
Are you considering booking a family photoshoot? Chances are you have looked at lots of photographer’s website and Facebook pages but how do you go about choosing the one who will capture those precious memories for you?
Here are a few tips on finding the right photographer for you.
- Do they have a studio or come to you. Do they offer both indoor and outdoor sessions. Which is your preference?
- Do you like their photos? Have you looked at their portfolio and like their style? Do they have a good mixture of age ranges and groups and poses / locations you like?
- Do they specialise in a specific genre? If you like light, airy and unposed images, and their gallery is quite dark and shadowy, then chances are they are not the photographer for you.
- What is the objective of your shoot? Do you want to have framed images as a final result, or prints or digital files? What products does the photographer offer?
- When are they available? Chances are if they are a popular photographer their weekend slots will be booked up quite far in advance.
- Do they have testimonials on their site? What do other people say about them? Do you know anyone who has had a shoot with them and what their experience was?
- How do they come across in communication? Do you think you will be comfortable in their presence for a few hours.
- Are they insured? All professional photographers should be insured for both public and professional liability. Ask to see their cert if you have any doubt.
Family Photo Shoots with Stephanie Chapman Photography
So, hopefully while you’ve been on my site you’ve had a little look around at the images on here and like what you see.
I am a mobile photographer which basically means I bring my pop-up studio to your home, or we can meet in your favourite local park and photograph there.
My shoots are very relaxed and while I’m happy to do poses I also love just catching moments as they happen.
I am also fully insured and a member of several photography societies so am constantly striving to improve my skills and knowledge.
If you’d like to get in touch to discuss your family photography session, please do pop me a message.
I’ve also pulled together a short video of some of my favourite sessions from the last year.